Frequently Asked Questions
why should i submit a nomination?
What are the categories?
Categories can be found by clicking here
DoES THE BUSINESS HAVE TO BE A Chamber member?
No. All businesses within the City/County of Peterborough area are eligible (or have been founded and still have headquarters here).
CAN I NOMINATE MY OWN BUSINESS?
Yes! The nomination process is a great way to recognize and celebrate your team's success, both internally and with the community.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to nominate themselves, or you may nominate any qualified individual or business for any of the award categories.
Can I nominate a business for more than one category?
Businesses can be nominated in a maximum of two categories each. Businesses nominated in multiple categories MUST only select 2 categories to put forth for submission.
When is the nomination deadline?
All nominations must be received by the Chamber by Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Early Bird Deadline: All nominations received by May 9th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. will be entered into a draw to win 2 FREE tickets to the event plus a $100 gift card for the Chamber Member restaurant the winner's choice!
How does the nomination process work?
The first step is to choose the best category for the business or individual you are nominating.
If you are nominating yourself, your own business or the business you work for, please complete the nomination form IN FULL and submit it to the Chamber by the deadline date.
If you are nominating another business, please complete the abbreviated nomination form and submit it to the Chamber by the deadline date. All that is required on the nomination form is the contact information and 100 words about why you are nominating the business. Your nomination will then be forwarded to the nominee for completion.
If you are nominating an individual (Business Citizen of the Year, Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year, 4-Under-40 Profile), please complete the nomination form IN FULL and submit it to the Chamber by the deadline date.
how can i write an effective nomination?
Our Judging Committee suggests the following:
- Check out the full list of categories (you can apply in up to 2 categories!)
- Carefully read the criteria.
- Choose the category that will best showcase your business or organization..
- Also, think outside the box (e.g. Are you a Not-for-Profit that had an outstanding marketing campaign this year? You may want to consider Marketing & Promotion).
- Fill out the nomination form with as much detail as possible, within the allotted space.
- Complete every section.
- Be specific. Include measurables and results (facts and figures).
- Make sure your answers directly relate to the specific criteria.
- Pretend that you are writing this for someone who has never heard of the nominee. Judges can only consider the information you provide on the nomination form. Help us get to know the business or individual! Tell us why they deserve to be recognized with one of these prestigious awards.
- Win or lose, submitting a nomination is time well spent. It's a great opportunity to reflect and celebrate the contributions and success of your team with your team!
how are the finalists and recipients selected?
All nominations are given out to a special Judging Committee who will review all completed nominations to select 3 finalists in each category. Note: All nominations are judged solely on the nomination submitted. Any known community history, special relationships or previous achievements not included on the nomination form will not be considered.
when will the finalists be announced?
Finalists will be announced on Thursday, August 9, 2018 in the Peterborough Examiner.
Only 3 finalists in each category will be notified. Recipients will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on October 17th, 2018.
When and where are the awards?
October 17th, 2018 at Showplace Performance Centre
How do I get tickets to the event?
Order your tickets here.
Early Bird Pricing: $35 + HST - Purchase your tickets by September 17th to be entered into a draw to win a $100 gift card for the Chamber Member restaurant of your choice!
Regular Ticket Pricing: $40 + HST
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
Dress is "business attire". Check out photos from past events here.