How to Write an Effective Nomination
Our Judging Committee suggests the following:
- Check out the full list of categories (you can apply in up to 2 categories!)
- Carefully read the criteria.
- Choose the category that will best showcase your business or organization.
- Also, think outside the box (e.g. Are you a Not-for-Profit that had an outstanding marketing campaign this year? You may want to consider Marketing & Promotion).
- Fill out the nomination form with as much detail as possible, within the allotted space.
- Complete every section.
- Be specific. Include measurables and results (facts and figures).
- Make sure your answers directly relate to the specific criteria.
- Pretend that you are writing this for someone who has never heard of the nominee. Judges can only consider the information you provide on the nomination form. Help us get to know the business or individual! Tell us why they deserve to be recognized with one of these prestigious awards.
- Judges will assign a score (0-3) for each section. The more thorough, comprehensive and/or informative the application, the higher the potential points score.
- Win or lose, submitting a nomination is time well spent. It's a great opportunity to reflect and celebrate the contributions and success of your team with your team!